3.05 and 3.06

rvjansen
I had a question in my private email why both 3.05 and 3.06 both were released, and not 3.06 only. I can understand where this question comes from, and the answer is that 3.05 is a drop-in replacement for 3.04 in stable production environments which cannot risk unforeseen errors introduced by parser changes.

Also, I have seen one of those (which I am not exactly calling an error, but there is a slight change in behaviour): in 3.05 and earlier, a variable or property name starting with @ is flagged down with ‘unexpected character in variable name’ (or equivalent). In 3.06, it is passed through to the java source as a possible annotation, and will fail at java compile time. I might have to look into that, even if is does not break current programs.

In my next post I will delve a bit deeper into Annotations.

best regards,

René.