Access To newest NetRexx release (3.04 RC1) thru www.netrexx.org

ThSITC
Hello all,

     from the KENAI DEVEL reports I do know that heavy development
efforts are underway:

1.) release of PIPES support for NetRexx
2.) parallel processing of Your NetRexx compilations (when I do
understand it correctly)

May I ask that the NetRexx home Page www.netrexx.org does add 2 new
download options:

Newest stable release                  (e.g. NetRexx 3.03 with all BUG
fixes)
Newest development release     (e.g. NetRexx 3.04 RC1)

for dowload with the installer from www.NetRexx.org

This would enable other parties to test their NetRexx Software with the
latest versions
without having access to KENAI.

Also, parties having access to KENAI would always know wherefrom to
download the
latest versions which should be tested ;-)

Sincerely,
Thomas Schneider.

PS: Pene, Kermit: when I did misunerstand anything in the recent traffic
please say so :-)
PPS: Rene, Kermit: thanks again, although I don't understand all the
impacts by now.
Might be I am simply becoming too old to learn all the great news.

Re: Access To newest NetRexx release (3.04 RC1) thru www.netrexx.org

rvjansen
Hi Thomas,

I am working on a continuous integration server. A product of that will be nightly builds on the website. It will be there soon.

> 2.) parallel processing of Your NetRexx compilations (when I do understand it correctly)

No, this is not what that feature delivers. It is meant as runtime support for threading. We are working on the documentation and test cases, I think those will bring more clarity.

best regards,

René.

Re: Access To newest NetRexx release (3.04 RC1) thru www.netrexx.org

ThSITC
1.)  GREAT! Thanks.
2.)  Parallel Processing

I think that might be the BIG CHALLENGE:

Transform NEUMANN processing (one processor for one Algorithm in
sequence) to a more GRAPH oriented
approach ==> MULTI-STATEMENT <--> MULTI PROCESSOR

     When I'm <<*here*>>    in a <<*program*>>:   which <<*variables*>>
do *influence*  <<*my value+>>  at
<<*this <<location>> in this <<program>> at *this time* at all>> ?

But that might be another story.
Pure GRAPH Theory, Sorry ...

Colouring Graphs has been, however, always fascinating me ;-)

Thomas.