Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Fernando Cassia-2
Hi there,

I was wondering if Netrexx language statements are centrally defined,
so to speak, in the NetRexx source code, or scattered throught it.

Basically I'd like to create a NetRexx where all commands / statements
are translated to Spanish.

Would this be an easy task to accomplish? And where do I begin looking
in the source code?

Yes, as it's obvious, I've never looked at the NetRexx source code. :)

TIA
FC

act
Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
Revolucionario
- George Orwell

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Marc Simpson
I'd take a look at
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__sourceforge.net_p_netrexx_code_ci_master_tree_src_org_netrexx_process_RxParser.nrx&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=KZ5wxvaHQkXzfWqF0KQrke067OvyiCHy7EOZvKeJ-gI&s=uepkecJzV5sqk_DOlewuggY15Zqf5WHjbwjVw2hgQ24&e=
to start with; this maps keyword strings to clause parser objects.

/M

On Thu, Sep 28, 2017 at 6:01 AM, Fernando Cassia <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I was wondering if Netrexx language statements are centrally defined,
> so to speak, in the NetRexx source code, or scattered throught it.
>
> Basically I'd like to create a NetRexx where all commands / statements
> are translated to Spanish.
>
> Would this be an easy task to accomplish? And where do I begin looking
> in the source code?
>
> Yes, as it's obvious, I've never looked at the NetRexx source code. :)
>
> TIA
> FC
>
> --
> During times of Universal Deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary
> act
> Durante épocas de Engaño Universal, decir la verdad se convierte en un Acto
> Revolucionario
> - George Orwell

> [hidden email]
> Online Archive : https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ibm-2Dnetrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=KZ5wxvaHQkXzfWqF0KQrke067OvyiCHy7EOZvKeJ-gI&s=YSkuTsAZyavVqob3R9elXhfDvA3WkoJO44ihQh3mstU&e=

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Fernando Cassia-2

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Mike Cowlishaw

> On 9/28/17, Marc Simpson <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I'd take a look at [RxParser.nrx]

<snip>

> Thanks Marc!

Yes, that's where the keywords are recognised.  At the time, I wondered
about whether to make those customizable/translatable -- like error messages
-- but 20 years ago computers were a lot slower.  Also it would have made
the documentation much more complex...

Yo estaría muy interesado en escuchar lo que haces!

Mike -- AKA Miguel :-)

On 9/28/17, Mike Cowlishaw <[hidden email]> wrote:

>> On 9/28/17, Marc Simpson <[hidden email]> wrote:
>> > I'd take a look at [RxParser.nrx]
>
> <snip>
>
>> Thanks Marc!
>
> Yes, that's where the keywords are recognised.  At the time, I wondered
> about whether to make those customizable/translatable -- like error
> messages
> -- but 20 years ago computers were a lot slower.  Also it would have made
> the documentation much more complex...
>
> Yo estaría muy interesado en escuchar lo que haces!

I just thought that a lot of people down here are insterested in
learning programming but even Python uses English in its commands and
statemetns (all programming languages, in fact).

So I thought why not a beginner-friendly JVM language that uses
Spanish in its statements. NetRexx would fill that role.

I don't have time to do this _right now_, but I have two weeks off in
a few days so let's see what I can come up with :)

Translating the docs would be the EASY part. Translating the keywords
and commands and still getting everything running without smoke coming
out would be the difficult part. :)

FC

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

Mike Cowlishaw

> > Yo estaría muy interesado en escuchar lo que haces!
>
> I just thought that a lot of people down here are insterested
> in learning programming but even Python uses English in its
> commands and statemetns (all programming languages, in fact).
>
> So I thought why not a beginner-friendly JVM language that
> uses Spanish in its statements. NetRexx would fill that role.
>
> I don't have time to do this _right now_, but I have two
> weeks off in a few days so let's see what I can come up with :)
>
> Translating the docs would be the EASY part. Translating the
> keywords and commands and still getting everything running
> without smoke coming out would be the difficult part. :)

Yes, a *very* interesting project!

Mike

Re: Are commands / statements centrally defined in the Netrexx source?

ThSITC
Hi there,

decenniums ago I did write in my GEISCO time a utility (EURO:MULTI) to make
any Fortran 77 program MULTI-Lingual ...

EURO:MULTI did simply replace all Literals in any Fortran 77 program by
variables, and did put them to an external file. It did also add a 'call
INITMULTI(language)' add the top of the FORTRAN program, which did read this
external file at the beginning ... etc, etc ...

This utility has been a real hit on GEISCO's Mark III Services :-)
For the Younger people of You not able to recall GEISCO ....

GEISCO has been General Electric Information Services those days....

... running the worldwide very successful Mark III Service ...

End of this hopefully not unrelated message to ibm-netrexx.

Thomas Schneider.

PS: I have been EXTERNAL AUTHOR for GEISCO for decenniums, owing a lot of
money ;-)

-----

Sent from: https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ibm-2Dnetrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com_&d=DwICAg&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=V4sLCjGvxAeV1vji9GINxFgFp_ocK4ZYOeqgHye26jU&s=rWb6ZOvB40zQUTSJyT03ebv7gYpeaWUmLKL-h2PB4KQ&e=