Fwd: Java Back To Basics - The Central Station

Fwd: Java Back To Basics - The Central Station

ThSITC

I do find the Java Back to Basics news of Eugen at Baeldung quite interesting :-)

Subscribe those news when You are interested in Java details and good samples of new Java Features.

Kindly, Thomas Schneider.

Betreff: Java Back To Basics - The Central Station
Datum: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 09:00:00 +0000 (UTC)
Von: Eugen at Baeldung [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]

Over the last few weeks, we went back to basics here on Baeldung with the goal of illustrating some core Java concepts.
And as I found doing the research for some of the articles, it's always worth brushing up on the basics and thinking critically about core concepts.

Without further ado - here's the main page for all of these core Java tutorials - the "Central Station" if you will:

>> JAVA - BACK TO BASICS

Hope you found the series valuable.
Also - enjoy the basic stuff while it lasts - we're going to be moving back into web territory next :)

Cheers,
Eugen

Re: Fwd: Java Back To Basics - The Central Station

ThSITC

Whatt I do find ALSO interesting in Eugen at Baeldungs site is his 'REST with Springs' to build a REST compatible class with Java.

Also his description of the use of Java 9 MODULES v. Java 8 Packages is very concise, I think.

As Rene is hopefully announcing the 'next NetRexx' beeing Java 9 and above compatible using MODULES as well

on the upcoming Rexx Symposium, although not yet mentioned in the Symposiums invitation, maybe we should invite BAELDUNG for a co-operation on those matters ?

They do seem to have the expertise on this, according to their publishings :-)

Kindly, Thomas Schneider.

PS: I do have to note, however, that I am a rather lousy and innocent Java User, as I always did use classic Rexx, Rexx2Nrx, and later NetRexx for my own developments :-(

Sorry for that, but I did have to use other ancient Languages as PL/I and COBOL to concentrate on my work, and detected 'classic Rexx' just by instance when I did go back to mainframe IBM VSE/CMS development after my GEISCO (General Electric Information Services) times, using Mark III, their excellent propriarity international Network, for decades.

But GEISCO is nowadays dead, as they under-estimated the value of the invention of the INTERNET, HTTP, and HTML :-(

PPS: May I congratulate MFC, again for the invention of classic Rexx and NetRexx. Excellent languages and concepts and implementations, both! Best languages I personally have seen :-)

Full Stop.

Datum: Wed, 26 Jun 2019 09:00:00 +0000 (UTC)
Von: Eugen at Baeldung [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]