Fwd: Java Magazine - Inside Java and the JVM - March/April 2016

Fwd: Java Magazine - Inside Java and the JVM - March/April 2016

ThSITC
#############################
# Just for Your INFO !
#############################

Please don't *hurt me* ....

*I* *am* *only* ...
... *The Piano Player*   ;-)

Greeting from Vienna, Austria

Thomas Schneider

Betreff: Java Magazine - Inside Java and the JVM - March/April 2016
Datum: Mon, 11 Apr 2016 09:04:40 -0600
Von: Java Magazine [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]

Java Magazine - March/April 2016

Your March/April 2016 digital edition of Java Magazine is now available

Read the latest issue Now

Dear Reader,

Welcome to the March/April issue of Java Magazine in which we dig into the inner workings of Java and the JVM. This issue is pure nerd-stim: bits and bytes have never been as much fun as exploring how the JVM manages garbage collectors and code caches. All good developers are mindful of how their code executes, but due to constant advances in the language and the JVM, knowing what's going on behind the scenes is not always easy.

So, let's dig in. We start by looking into the fundamentals of just-in-time (JIT) compilation in the JVM, we compare the performance of different garbage collectors, and then we update an article on the JVM's code cache and its effects on performance. To these, we add deep dives into how Java itself works: how annotations are handled and how to write your own annotations; plus we examine how the Java Collections Framework was optimized using laziness, which is a technique that is available to you in your code.

The rest of the issue shows off Golo, a new JVM language; better persistence in Java EE; and how enums work in Java--all topped off by our famous language quiz, our no-holds-barred book review, and my editorial, which discusses a new proposal by the Java team to add greater type inference to the language. Enjoy!

Note: In our quest to support more devices, we have moved away from the former Java Magazine app. Currently, the magazine is available only on the web and in PDF. To get the PDF, access the web page from a laptop or desktop and use the download icon on the right side of the page.

Like what you see? Wish we'd cover something else? Please send along your feedback, which I read attentively. You can always reach me at [hidden email].

Andrew Binstock
Editor-in-Chief
Java Magazine
@platypusguy

Copyright © 2016, Oracle. All rights reserved.

Oracle - Corporate Headquarters
500 Oracle Parkway, Redwood Shores, CA 94065

To report technical difficulties with the digital edition, please [hidden email].

For subscription-related questions (including e-mail address changes, account number verification, or to cancel your digital edition delivery), please e-mail [hidden email].

If you do not wish to receive any further electronic marketing communications from Oracle you can Opt-Out completely, please note you will no longer receive newsletters and product information you may have subscribed to.