Fwd: Re: [RexxLA] WinXP -> Win7 woes

Kermit Kiser

FYI 3 for those not on the RexxLA list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
Subject: Re: [RexxLA] WinXP -> Win7 woes
Date: Tue, 27 Sep 2016 02:40:07 -0700
From: Kermit Kiser [hidden email]

René ;

Looks like the mods to NetRexxC.bat are simpler than I thought - change the following line:

  set netrexxc.runner=%2

to this:

  set netrexxc.runner=%~n2

and then the association works with compile and run also like this:

ftype NetRexx.script="C:\NetRexx\NetRexx304\NetRexx-3.04GA\bin\NetRexxC.bat" -run "%1"

(use your local directory!)

We should probably move this NetRexx tech stuff to the NetRexx list.

Kermit

On 9/27/2016 12:54 AM, René Jansen wrote:
Kermit,

good stuff, I’ll add it to the documents.

best regards,

René.

On 27 Sep 2016, at 09:42, Kermit Kiser <[hidden email]> wrote:

Thanks Mike. I researched it some more and found that Microsoft has dumbed down Windows now to the point that correct associations cannot be done by native GUI but instead require trick registry editing or command line entries. The following commands worked for me to allow my NetRexx scripts to run in interpreted mode:

set pathext=%pathext%;.nrx

assoc .nrx=NetRexx.script

ftype NetRexx.script="C:\NetRexx\NetRexx304\NetRexx-3.04GA\bin\NetRexxC.bat" -exec "%1"

(obviously adjust directory to correct location for your system!)