Fwd: See you at: January Scala Monthly Meetup: Reactive Streams & Akka HTTP (Mathias Doenitz)

Fwd: See you at: January Scala Monthly Meetup: Reactive Streams & Akka HTTP (Mathias Doenitz)

ThSITC
Have been today (Wed, 26th Nov. 2014) again the second time at the Vienna Scala Meetup, and did learn more about
*Functional Programming*, namely Scala and Akka, as well ...

The whole approach of Functional Programming is, I think, going into the right directions.

As already said, I shall make a presentation making a NetRexx <--> Scala comparison on one of the next Vienna MeetUp's
here, most probably the Java User's group one ...

... again: if anyone of You did already try/experiment with Scala, please let UsAll let Your expers ....

Interestingly, the whole Scala/Akka approach seems to go again to the roots: Messages, as firstly introduced
by Object Rexx, I think (using the Object Oriented paradigm, however).

As soon as the todays presentations are *on the Net*, I shall forward them to You, unless I get
a msg. from this group that those *other new developments* shall *not be spread* (to fans of the
Rexx Family of languages).

Kind regards from Vienna, Thomas Schneider.
========================================================================================================
PS: I've been just appointed as Manager/Sales Representative CEE, effective Oct 1st, 2014,  by www.cornerstone.nl, which makes
real fun, as they did work in the same area (Migrations/Modernizations) as I did the past decade(s)  !
========================================================================================================

Betreff: See you at: January Scala Monthly Meetup: Reactive Streams & Akka HTTP (Mathias Doenitz)
Datum: Wed, 26 Nov 2014 17:43:57 -0500
Von: Meetup [hidden email]
An: [hidden email]

Meetup

Meetup

No need to go alone, bring a friend!
Simply forward this email to a friend and have them join the Meetup.
Tuesday, January 13, 2015
at 6:30 PM
Stockwerk Coworking
Pater-Schwartz Gasse 11A, 1150
Vienna

iPhone App Store Google Play

Unsubscribe from similar emails from this Meetup Group

Add [hidden email] to your address book to receive all Meetup emails

Meetup, POB 4668 #37895 NY NY USA 10163

Meetup HQ in NYC is hiring! meetup.com/jobs

meetup.ics (1K) Download Attachment