Has anybody of You already tried *Kotlin* ?

Has anybody of You already tried *Kotlin* ?

ThSITC
I have been at a quite interesting MeetUp of DROIDCON Vienna past
ThursDay, 7th of April, 2016 ;-)

Mr. Niedermühlbichler did present:

Coding Android with *Kotlin*.

Kotlin is, as NetRexx, fully interoperable with Java, and has been
developped by *JetBrains*.

Version 1.1 has been released Feb. 2016.

I also did get at this MeetUp some interesting insights of *Gradle Scripts*.
*Gradle* is Groovy, someone noted...

The MeetUp has been sponsored by *Shpock*:

Die Flohmarkt App für schöne Dinge (an ANDROID App).

Most interesting Kotlin supports Java 8 *Lambda's*, and has an interesting
concept of handling *preferences*, by importing:

import android.content.sharedPreferences

Also, *Anko* has been referenced, where Anko is a Domain specific
Language (DSL) for Kotlin.

Details about Kotlin might be found at:

www.KotlinLang.arg

Rene, and all: I think we should adapt some of the ideas of Kotlin
for NetRexx vs. 4.00

Full Stop, and Greetings from Vienna

Thomas Schneider

Re: Has anybody of You already tried *Kotlin* ?

ThSITC
Of Course, the URL of Kotlin is: www.KotlinLang.org

Sorry for the TYPO :-( Thomas.