How about separate NRL Download as PDF not zip

How about separate NRL Download as PDF not zip

George Hovey-2

I often credit NetRexx in my programs and give a link to NetRexx.org in hopes of drumming up interest. But what the user finds there strikes me as somewhat off-putting.  The curious first and foremost want to see the NRL, though of course they don't know that.  To even find that it exists they must download the entire package and unpack it.

Could the NRL, and perhaps other docs, be made available as direct downloads in PDF format?
--
"Life isn't one damn thing after another -- it's the same damn thing over and over."
  -- Edna St Vincent Millay (attributed)

Re: How about separate NRL Download as PDF not zip

Mike Cowlishaw
I often credit NetRexx in my programs and give a link to NetRexx.org in hopes of drumming up interest. But what the user finds there strikes me as somewhat off-putting.  The curious first and foremost want to see the NRL, though of course they don't know that.  To even find that it exists they must download the entire package and unpack it.

Could the NRL, and perhaps other docs, be made available as direct downloads in PDF format?

You could point them to the NRL2 doc, on my website:  http://speleotrove.com/misc/NetRexx2.pdf

Mike

Re: How about separate NRL Download as PDF not zip

George Hovey-2
@all
As I like to tell my wife after she has more or less instantly found my glasses, "you see what you expect to see."  In my mind it would be under Downloads, and I gave up when it wasn't.   Presumably the mentally competent see it right away!

On Sat, Nov 7, 2015 at 6:58 AM, René Jansen <[hidden email]> wrote:
[...]

:-)

Actually I suspect the problem is the 'dual navigation' -- both stuff across the top and stuff down the left.  I've found that just one or the other works best (and I've been moving away from "stuff across the top").   I suspect if a page has both then they should have the same set of options.

I too went to the NetRexx.org site and somehow missed the 'Documentation'  item.

Mike