How can I test whether a zOS file is a PDS?

How can I test whether a zOS file is a PDS?

ThSITC
Hello there,

I need to know, for a zOS version of a NetRexx program, whether a zOS
file is an ordinary file
or a zOS Partitioned Dataset.

I currently have no access to a zOS machine, but want to emulate that in
RexxFile
as a ZIP file and/or a directory structure under Windows/Linux.

Any hints?
Thomas Schneider

Re: How can I test whether a zOS file is a PDS?

rvjansen
Thomas,

easiest is to copy everything to a HFS/ZFS. You can copy any QSAM or BPAM (PDS) file using cp, like:

cp //“PSD.DATA.SET(MEMBER)’” member

the two slashes tell z/OS unix to look for a traditional MVS data set.

If you don’t want to do that, JZOS has all you need to address MVS datasets from a NetRexx program.

best regards,

René.