How may I determine whether a NetRexx Program is running in DIALOG-mode or BATCH ?

How may I determine whether a NetRexx Program is running in DIALOG-mode or BATCH ?

ThSITC
Hello there,

I do have a specific question, as follows:

My Rexx2RTP class RexxAsk (formerly in RexxMsg) does implement a couple
of askfor-methods with a prompt, a potential limit, etc.

Those askfor methods do say a prompt, then accept an input value, then
check the Type, and then, when given, the limits.

Now, when run in DIALOG (on-line) mode, and either the type or the
limits are violated, they do give an error-mesaage, and then they do ask

for a valid input value again ...

This is useful, when the program is run online (which I do call the
DIALOG-mode).

Of course, when the same program is run in BATCH-Mode, the
error-messages shall be displayed agin, but the program shall be aborted

due to wrong input in the input-file provided!

NOW my question:

Does anybody know a proper JAVA Property I might use to distinguish
between those two modes of operation (DIALOG or BATCH) ?

Any hints shall be very much appreciated!

kindly, Thomas Schneider, Vienna, Austria.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwICaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=ZMwi-RySj8fX_p8lnoUJpQYiNT7yAErTYdD9RbF2u1M&s=KBq92en9k__20v4D7fmi1vRdBElPWvjhNzSu9pstJNA&e=