I would like to propose a new option -metrics for NetRexxC

I would like to propose a new option -metrics for NetRexxC

ThSITC
As the topic does already says.

I would like to propose a new option, namely -metrics, for the Netrexx
compiler:

METRICS should count any&all METRICES ABOUT the current compilation, e.g.

- number of source netrexx lines

- number of generated java lines

(this shall be the -metrics1)

OPTION -metrics2 SHALL ALSO COUNT THE number of occurences of any

clauses used, for example:

# of classes

# of methods

# of statements by type, e.g.:

# of assignments

# of IF

# of LOOP ...

etc, etc.

aS FAR as I did look at the sources now, that shall be a ONE-LINE
addition to each existant Netrexx

Parser source class, but shall be of invaluable value to review the
complexity of a given source package.

with kind greetings from Vienna,

Thomas Schneider.

www.db-123.com, www.thsitc.com

PS: I am offering to implement option -metrics for my own, just as a
PROOF OF CONCEPT ;-)

---
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwICaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=EBneZMlmYHs55i27HsUxLsqxxL0i_4H2gUf8DpnJviM&s=jIqKX7Tfk1oWvlOytIRrMvCJ4DSF8syBtQGxEH7kD6I&e=

Re: I would like to propose a new option -metrics for NetRexxC

rvjansen
Hi Thomas,

have a look at what -diag and -verbose5 already do for you.

best regards,

René