My proposed Donation of Rexx2Nrx to RexxLA

My proposed Donation of Rexx2Nrx to RexxLA

ThSITC
Hi there,

I did donate the Rexx2Nrx run-time-package some time ago to RexxLA.
I think it has been around the Year 2011.
As this donation has been never announced by RexxLA ...
... I don't have any idea who did or is using this my original
implementation
at all ... :-(

I did the past months send a message to this group that I want to donate
the whole Rexx2Nrx package to RexxLA.

Didn't get any reply yet :-(

I shall have, however, need a reply, as I would have to rename/add the
proper
copyright additions/deletions in front of the next release Rexx2Nrx vs. 7.0.

Hence, could RexxLA please respond ASAP (before end of 2017) ?

Kindly, Thomas Schneider.

PS: Rexx2Nrx has been my attempt (back in 2002, as far as I do remember,
to implement a *classic IBM Rexx Compiler compatible* transition tool
to convert *classic IBM Rexx Compiler compatible Programs* to the then
available *NetRexx*.

---
https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwICaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=A_PSzG4twUn-AZ_K6yDVRaIaaNigvlqvyEeeZcV_Wag&s=j0YiXq7ePzYubLIiCD9rKj_QpRdJAJxY3609zw4wzY0&e=

Re: My proposed Donation of Rexx2Nrx to RexxLA

rvjansen
Hi Thomas,

as you might remember, your contribution was happily accepted and at one time was in the ‘contrib’ svn repository at Kenai. We moved to SourceForce, prompted by the demise of Kenai, and have dropped the contrib repository as it was not used. Some of the contributed tools have been integrated into the main repository.

As you also might remember, the donated code did not compile correctly and the testcases were absent or had failures. One of the minimum requirements of open source projects is that version management (then subversion, now Git) is being used to collaborate on it. I had fixed your compile sequence problems in the Subversion repository, but you chose to ignore those fixes and went on developing on your own copy.

Version management is not some archive in which you drop the current state now and then; its purpose in an open source project is to merge changes by other people into your own copy, and push your changes to the repository, from which other people can also merge them with their local codebase.

So unless you are willing and able to use version management and are willing and able to accept improvements (like making it compile or having the test cases work) into your code, there is no opportunity for a new donation. Please let this sink in, read the book at https://git-scm.com/book/en/v2 and let me know if you want to make it work this time.

best regards,

René.