NetRexx Server Pages (xxxx.nsp)

ThSITC
Hi there,

I am just in progress to update my home-pages

which both are a *bit too much out of date* :-(

I did file Rene's Powerpoint  presentation about *Netrexx Server Pages*,
done at
a past RexxLA annual meeting which I did follow only over the Net.

I also *do have* some docs about Java Server Pages (.jsp), but am
seeking currently
whether there is also a more accurate written doc (Short Reference Manual?)
available somewhere available.

I personally *think* that both the presentation as well as any docs relating
Netrexx should be available *on the NetRexx home-page, namely
www.netrexx.org*,
in addition to www.RexxLA.org.

Same holds true for Kermit's work on using his tools to program ANDROID
Handies and/or Tablets, etc.

I think those infos shall not be only available on RexxLA, but also on
www.netrexx.org,
as we should & shall have this info centrally available on one central
place.

Currently, all those docs are available distributed on too many Kenai
repositories,
projects, some on SourceForge, as well, and many only on RexxLA.

Did have a look at the sources of varioius *.nsp's at www.netrexx.org,
but don't currently know whether I can use those techniques on my own
current provider www.nessus.at.

What do You think?

Thomas Schneider
PS: I am copying Reinhard Walland here, who is my Hardware Partner here
in Vienna,
and who did already install Netrexx some time ago on his Servers, which
are using
Berkley Linux, as Nessus did up do now refuse to install Netrexx in
addition to PHP,
unless I do rent an own server there .... I am also copying also Nessus
Support
for their info.

I am

Re: NetRexx Server Pages (xxxx.nsp)

rvjansen
Thomas,

I think that it is actually a very good idea to have the presentations available from netrexx.org.

Your provider should allow you to run your own J2EE web container (although Jetty, Tomcat, Glassfish, JBoss).
To run NetRexx Server Pages, the configuration should be tweaked to recognise .nsp in addition to (or instead of) .jsp - an example of that is in the presentation if I am not mistaken.

NetRexx.org runs on an AWS image in the cloud, which provides optimal freedom for our purposes. A simple image is about 17 euro a month. If your provider is not willing to grant you this freedom, this (or other Cloud providers) is a viable alternative.

best regards,

René.

On 17 sep. 2014, at 22:10, Thomas Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> I am just in progress to update my home-pages
>
> www.thsitc.com
> www.db-123.com
>
> which both are a *bit too much out of date* :-(
>
> I did file Rene's Powerpoint  presentation about *Netrexx Server Pages*, done at
> a past RexxLA annual meeting which I did follow only over the Net.
>
> I also *do have* some docs about Java Server Pages (.jsp), but am seeking currently
> whether there is also a more accurate written doc (Short Reference Manual?)
> available somewhere available.
>
> I personally *think* that both the presentation as well as any docs relating
> Netrexx should be available *on the NetRexx home-page, namely www.netrexx.org*,
> in addition to www.RexxLA.org.
>
> Same holds true for Kermit's work on using his tools to program ANDROID
> Handies and/or Tablets, etc.
>
> I think those infos shall not be only available on RexxLA, but also on www.netrexx.org,
> as we should & shall have this info centrally available on one central place.
>
> Currently, all those docs are available distributed on too many Kenai repositories,
> projects, some on SourceForge, as well, and many only on RexxLA.
>
> Did have a look at the sources of varioius *.nsp's at www.netrexx.org,
> but don't currently know whether I can use those techniques on my own
> current provider www.nessus.at.
>
> What do You think?
>
> Thomas Schneider
> PS: I am copying Reinhard Walland here, who is my Hardware Partner here in Vienna,
> and who did already install Netrexx some time ago on his Servers, which are using
> Berkley Linux, as Nessus did up do now refuse to install Netrexx in addition to PHP,
> unless I do rent an own server there .... I am also copying also Nessus Support
> for their info.
>

> I am

Re: NetRexx Server Pages (xxxx.nsp)

ThSITC
Hi Rene,

1.) Thanks for all the *good work* You and others are doing on bot the
Netrexx home-page as well as the releases! :-)
2.) Thanks for the clarification on NetRexx Server Pages, I shall
discuss this with both my provider as well as with Reinhard and then
take my decisions how to proceed ...

Have a nice weekend, all,
Thomas.