NetRexx and Lotus Notes

tomking
Has anyone looked into using NetRexx with Lotus Notes as an alternative to
LotusScript?
I've had no problems using NetRexx developed applets within Notes Domino
documents.  You just have to include the NetRexx class files along with the
applet classes.  It would be nice to be able to use NetRexx to build Notes
applications that use the Notes class files to manipulate native Notes
objects.  I'm still fairly low on the Notes development learning curve, but I
have noticed that there is a C++ API available for Notes.  Seems if this
possible, it should be possible to somehow use NetRexx.  I just don't like the
crude and rather primitive LotusScript syntax.

Tom King
System/390 Server Software VM/ESA
Phillips Petroleum Company
4D5 Information Center
Bartlesville, Oklahoma 74004

Phone: 918-661-0360
Fax: 918-662-5127
Internet Office:  [hidden email]
Internet Home: [hidden email]

Re: NetRexx and Lotus Notes

dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU

| Has anyone looked into using NetRexx with Lotus Notes as an alternative
| LotusScript?

I've used NetRexx and Domino a lot together.

| I've had no problems using NetRexx developed applets within Notes Domino
| documents.  You just have to include the NetRexx class files along with
the
| applet classes.  It would be nice to be able to use NetRexx to build
Notes
| applications that use the Notes class files to manipulate native Notes
| objects.  I'm still fairly low on the Notes development learning curve,
but I

I've used the 4.6.x Notes Object Interface with NetRexx for both Applet and
Agent development.

| have noticed that there is a C++ API available for Notes.  Seems if this
| possible, it should be possible to somehow use NetRexx.  I just don't
like the
| crude and rather primitive LotusScript syntax.
You use NetRexx just like java for Notes - create a JAR file and attach it
to the agent/applet. Works wonderfully. Just remember to also attach
NetRexxR.Zip, though.