NetRexx anniversary

Aviatrexx
According to my notes (subject to revision by a more authoritative
source) NetRexx was released to the world twenty years ago today.

To celebrate, I'm going to Starbucks this morning because I find it to
be an easier way to get good Java... ;-)

-Chip-

Re: NetRexx anniversary

ThSITC
The only *pity* I see in this Your Decision if that *StarBugs* does *not
allow to SMOKE*.

But the Coffee (is it from Java ?) at *Starbugs* is of course quite
well! :-)

Congrats anyway to MFC and the whole NetRexx Team for the invention and
maintenance of NetRexx.

A SMOKER.

Thomas Schneider.

PS: All Human beeings (smokers and non-smokers) have to die anyway.
       Proven by the TRINARY LOGIC not to be discussed at this newsgroup ;-)

Am 29.02.2016 um 16:37 schrieb Chip Davis:

> According to my notes (subject to revision by a more authoritative
> source) NetRexx was released to the world twenty years ago today.
>
> To celebrate, I'm going to Starbucks this morning because I find it to
> be an easier way to get good Java... ;-)
>
> -Chip-

Re: NetRexx anniversary

Mike Cowlishaw

> According to my notes (subject to revision by a more authoritative
> source) NetRexx was released to the world twenty years ago today.

My diary has 22 April as the day ... :-).  Though if it really were today
this would be its fifth 'birthday'.

> To celebrate, I'm going to Starbucks this morning because I
> find it to be an easier way to get good Java... ;-)

:-))

Re: NetRexx anniversary

Aviatrexx
I defer to your diary, Mike.  Sources don't get more "authoritative"
than that. :-)

I'm not at all sure where I got LeapDay as the anniversary (you know
how cruft collects) and my wetware diary has long proven unreliable. :-/

Guess I'll have to wait a couple of more weeks to celebrate at
Starbucks.  And in "coal-to-Newcastle news" (or more currently
"Windows-on-zSeries news") did you see that Starbucks is opening a
store in Milan?

-Chip-

On 2/29/2016 12:39 PM, Mike Cowlishaw wrote:

>> According to my notes (subject to revision by a more authoritative
>> source) NetRexx was released to the world twenty years ago today.
>
> My diary has 22 April as the day ... :-).  Though if it really were today
> this would be its fifth 'birthday'.
>

>> To celebrate, I'm going to Starbucks this morning because I
>> find it to be an easier way to get good Java... ;-)
>
> :-))

Re: NetRexx anniversary

Mike Cowlishaw

> I defer to your diary, Mike.  Sources don't get more "authoritative"
> than that. :-)

:-)  It's possible some early copies got out.

> I'm not at all sure where I got LeapDay as the anniversary
> (you know how cruft collects) and my wetware diary has long
> proven unreliable. :-/
>
> Guess I'll have to wait a couple of more weeks to celebrate
> at Starbucks.  And in "coal-to-Newcastle news" (or more
> currently "Windows-on-zSeries news") did you see that
> Starbucks is opening a store in Milan?

I did, indeed.  Summary here:  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-35684831

Mike