Pipe Progress - HTML page generation

Jeff Hennick-3

Just an update on work in process.

This pipe generates the full page file, with all its colors and controls, of all the stages.

pipe (ct)
   literal ,
     select * from stages_head;,
     select * from stage_scripts; ,
     select * from stages_style; ,
     select "</head><body>"; ,
     select * from stages_top; ,
     select "<table>"; ,
     select * from stages_table; ,
   split ; |
   sql (dbms sqlite db_name stages.db) |
   > test.html ?

I have also added a 3.09 flag for new stages.

Re: Pipe Progress - HTML page generation

ColinK
Excellent work Jeff!

Are there any plans to include some of the other NetRexx pipes related classes in the html output; for example, utils.nrx?

Thanks
Colin K

On 2020-08-20 16:00, Jeff Hennick wrote:

Just an update on work in process.

This pipe generates the full page file, with all its colors and controls, of all the stages.

pipe (ct)
   literal ,
     select * from stages_head;,
     select * from stage_scripts; ,
     select * from stages_style; ,
     select "</head><body>"; ,
     select * from stages_top; ,
     select "<table>"; ,
     select * from stages_table; ,
   split ; |
   sql (dbms sqlite db_name stages.db) |
   > test.html ?

I have also added a 3.09 flag for new stages.

Re: Pipe Progress - HTML page generation

Jeff Hennick-3

Thank you.

Yes!  Your wish is my command. The difficult we do immediately; the impossible may take a little longer.  For this one, "Abracadabra!", now look at methods.html in the 3.09 documentation directory in the Sourceforge.  It has methods from utils, stage, DString, IRange, Link, & RingBuff.  It is now a first draft proof of concept from 7/21/20.  The pieces of the page, which are all in the database, were hand sown together, there is not yet a pipe to generate the whole.  I did not even sort them.

These are in a separate page as they are useful only to stage authors, not the run of the mill plumber using pipe stages.

All: Ideas, comments, suggestions (including where to go), are all welcomed and requested.  Thanks for your help in making it better.

Jeff

P.S.  I am working on the snake stage.  It should be ready later today, with a, I hope, useful new option.

On 2020-08-20 16:00, Jeff Hennick wrote:

Just an update on work in process.

This pipe generates the full page file, with all its colors and controls, of all the stages.

pipe (ct)
   literal ,
     select * from stages_head;,
     select * from stage_scripts; ,
     select * from stages_style; ,
     select "</head><body>"; ,
     select * from stages_top; ,
     select "<table>"; ,
     select * from stages_table; ,
   split ; |
   sql (dbms sqlite db_name stages.db) |
   > test.html ?

I have also added a 3.09 flag for new stages.

Re: Pipe Progress - HTML page generation

ThSITC

Hello Jeff,

many Thanks on working on this as well as Your example :-)

Now at leat I do know of the power of NetRexx Pipes.

Whilst I did use classic compiled Rexx a lot in my past (around 1998 thru 2002), I've never found the time or instance to look at PIPES, Sorry.

Your example, for me, demonstrates the POWER of his concept, and NOW I do understand why Rene Vincent Jansen, You, and others, did make it to a priority item for NetRexx.

Thanks a lot for Your efforts so far!

Thomas Schneider.