Pipelines: Stage within Stage

Jeff Hennick-3

I have tried to find an answer in the njPipes and CMS Pipelines material with no luck.  (I did discover the original CMS Pipelies Explained, John P. Hartmann, from SHARE 88 at https://grothoff.org/christian/teaching/2008/4704/pipjarg.pdf .  This will go into my permanent library.)

I would like to call an existing stage (or pipe) from the middle of a stage.  For example, I am working on the SPECS stage.  It has the option of converting data from one format to another.  A certain limited set of conversations are built into this stage.  I would like to extend this capability by being able to specify a stage (or pipe) name in there.

For example:

SPEC /some stuff/ 1 1-16 (change /xyz/ABC/) nextword

where the parentheses indicate it is external to the SPEC program.

What I am looking for would be a short example of one stage internally calling another.

Thanks for any help or pointers.

Re: Pipelines: Stage within Stage

rvjansen
yes, I do have that document. Great that someone keep that in a directory called Christian teaching. I’ll try to collect all documents in one place.

Can the CMS version do that? (calling a stage in the middle of another)?