Question about method code line in Rexx.nrx

Question about method code line in Rexx.nrx

Jason Martin
  /** Make a Rexx object directly from an int.  */
  -- We fastpath commoners
  -- chars is set to null only for negatives less than -9, and
  -- we then ensure will layout correctly by setting suitable digits
  method Rexx(num=int)
    super(); exp=0; form=DefaultForm
    if num<=9 then if num>=-9 then do   -- very common single digit case
      mant=char[1]
      select
        when num>0 then do
          mant[0]=char(int('0')+num); chars=mant

Is int('0')+ needed in last code line? It has to be only digits 1 to 9 right?

Re: Question about method code line in Rexx.nrx

Dave Woodman

Perhaps this is to format the result using the DIGITS setting?

I seem to remember some references to this procedure in the min & max built-ins.

                Dave.