Re[2]: MJ++ 6.0 Alternatives

Robert Schiller
Syarzhuk,

>> Execution speed is an important requirement for server code. This
motivates the need for an optimizing native code compiler for Java, which will
compile Java bytecode directly into native code in the same manner as compilers
for C/C++, Fortran, Cobol and others.

BTW, the above quote is from AlphaWorks.

> I would rather say, this motivates the need for using the native
language, not Java, in the first place. Java is about
platform-independence, and only about platform-independence (I know, I
can start a flame war, but face it, no one saw a production Java
application other than HTTP applets).