Re: [netrexx-course] Beginner level course first?

Re: [netrexx-course] Beginner level course first?

John Wood
In message <[hidden email]>, Dion Gillard
<[hidden email]> writes
>Please feel free to let me (us) know of your experience with
>NetRexx, and how you think you need to improve your NetRexx skills!
I have some years experience of Quercus Personal Rexx used under DOS but
not yet any with OO or Netrexx. I have used it to replace BAT files and
control NT4 startup processing,a nd to reconstitute PLI code from
mainframe executible files where we had lost the source code!

I am just about to load Netrexx
Is there any minimum release of Netrexx I need?

Will there be any platform specific requirements, I do not have OS2, but
do have W95 and NT4 and would like to work in both mediums

Is there a recommended FAQ or other documentation to get Netrexx set up
apart from that at the IBM page

Regards
John Wood
Teamco Systems R&D

----
To Subscribe: e-mail to [hidden email]
To Unsubscribe: e-mail to [hidden email]
--
Start a FREE E-Mail List at http://www.MakeList.com !

Re: [netrexx-course] Beginner level course first?

dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU
On Fri, 22 May 1998 08:02:51 +0100, John Wood wrote:

|   In message <[hidden email]>, Dion Gillard
|   <[hidden email]> writes
|   >Please feel free to let me (us) know of your experience with
|   >NetRexx, and how you think you need to improve your NetRexx skills!
|   I have some years experience of Quercus Personal Rexx used under DOS but
|   not yet any with OO or Netrexx. I have used it to replace BAT files and
|   control NT4 startup processing,a nd to reconstitute PLI code from
|   mainframe executible files where we had lost the source code!
Cool.

|   I am just about to load Netrexx
|   Is there any minimum release of Netrexx I need?
Get the 1.1 versions of NetRexx, rather than 1.0. Other than that no pre-reqs. I am going to be basing some of this stuff
on 1.1 specific code.

|   Will there be any platform specific requirements, I do not have OS2, but
|   do have W95 and NT4 and would like to work in both mediums

Nope. No platform specific requirements. I'll be using OS/2, 95 and NT as I go along...and maybe AIX :)

|   Is there a recommended FAQ or other documentation to get Netrexx set up
|   apart from that at the IBM page

There's a FAQ on my pages: http://www.multitask.com.au/netrexx/

Hope this helps!

----