Re: [netrexx-course] JDK 1.2 and NetRexx 1.140

Re: [netrexx-course] JDK 1.2 and NetRexx 1.140

dIon Gillard/Multitask Consulting/AU
On Mon, 10 Aug 1998 16:43:36 -0700, Mitch Gould wrote:

|   Note to those of you making JavaBeans with NetRexx...
|   In my experience, the Jar utility in the JDK 1.2 beta seems to be
|   incompatible with NetRexx 1.140.
|   Is this a known problem?
|   Is there is a fix forthcoming?

Micth, this really should be directed to Mike and the ibm-netrexx mailing list (I've copied them on this note).

|   Can we update the NetRexx Language website with this info, to prevent
|   others from also wasting a lot of time?

I'd say Mike will be able to tell you exactly what the problem is. I know he routinely tests with 1.2beta's.

|   Apparently, in the meantime, you can work around this by compiling your
|   NetRexx app in JDK 1.2beta just as you would with JDK 1.x, but then making
|   sure you use the JDK 1.x Jar, not the new 1.2 version...

You could also just use info zip...

dIon Gillard, Sun Certified Java 1.1 Programmer
Work: http://www.multitask.com.au/ | NetRexx: http://www.multitask.com.au/netrexx/
VisualNetRexx: http://www.trongus.com/VisualNetRexx/

----
To Subscribe: e-mail to [hidden email]
To Unsubscribe: e-mail to [hidden email]
--
Start a FREE E-Mail List at http://www.MakeList.com !