Separating the Netrexx Errors from the Netrexx Warnings

Separating the Netrexx Errors from the Netrexx Warnings

ThSITC

Hello there, all NetRexx Lovers,

as most of you do know, I always did complain that NetrexxC does report a 'compilation successful' ...

... when compiling a bunch of interrelated programs ...

but does NOT ACTUALLY compile those program-units.

Kermit and others did say that is due to possible Interdependencies of the program units in question.

Now I would like to raise this issue again:

WHEN YOU DO HAVE A BUNCH OF INTERRELATED PROGRAMS (in the same directory):

YOU most probably would compile them at once !

otherwise: YOU would have put them to different directories !

OK, so far, ibm-netrexx group ??

happy easter, all, by the way :-)

Re: Separating the Netrexx Errors from the Netrexx Warnings

ThSITC

Long time ago, in my GEISCO (General Electric Information Services) TIME, I did write a lot of language preprocessors for so called Fourth Generation Languages (4GL languages) CALLED THOSE DAYS ... Generating Fortran 77 (F77) Code those times ...

I did use, those times, an approach to write a separate ERROR, WARNING, and INFO Log-file.

Thus, the user could use the ERROR.log to reduce the errors first. then, the warnings ...

what do you think about adapting this approach to NetRexxC ?

Thomas.

Am 01.04.2018 um 13:34 schrieb Thomas Schneider:

Hello there, all NetRexx Lovers,

as most of you do know, I always did complain that NetrexxC does report a 'compilation successful' ...

... when compiling a bunch of interrelated programs ...

but does NOT ACTUALLY compile those program-units.

Kermit and others did say that is due to possible Interdependencies of the program units in question.

Now I would like to raise this issue again:

WHEN YOU DO HAVE A BUNCH OF INTERRELATED PROGRAMS (in the same directory):

YOU most probably would compile them at once !

otherwise: YOU would have put them to different directories !

OK, so far, ibm-netrexx group ??

happy easter, all, by the way :-)

Re: Separating the Netrexx Errors from the Netrexx Warnings

ThSITC

THAT MY PROPOSAL:

would also IMPLY that invoking NetRexxC *WITHOUT ANY FILES GIVEN*:

shall invoke NetRexxC with all the files of the given (IMPLIED) Directory.

a NEW OPTION (NAMELY -recursive) MIGHT EVEN ask to compile all sub-directories first (bottom up) :-)

Kindly, Thomas Schneider (from Vienna, Austria, Europe, still OnLy a FEW kangorooh's here, except me :-))))))))

)))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))

Am 01.04.2018 um 14:03 schrieb Thomas Schneider:

[...]

Apart of my (maybe too many) messages today I would like to NOTE.

Today is the FIRST of APRIL ::::

A GOOD TIME TO PUT TOGETHER *MY WISHLIST*

Last warning:

maybe and most probably I SHALL IMPLEMENT THOSE REQUIREMENTS BY MY OWN ...

... In THE NEXT UPCOMING VERSIONS OF NETREXXC ...

end of warning, by the way, relax, please. Thomas.

Am 01.04.2018 um 14:57 schrieb Thomas Schneider:

[...]

Hello There,

Old Times do appear, again ... :-(

As learned By GEISCO Times (some 20 Years running Mark III, the worldwide NetWork available in all WESTERN Countries) ....

I am now about to release ReyC, the Rey NetRexx Pre-Compiler), to the public, by 1.4.2019 (with *floating Year*) ...

ReyC does accept NEW statements, as TITLE, FOOTING, SCREEN, REPORT, and other goodies (Maybe) :-)

Hopefully HELPFULL for NetRexx ENTHUSIASTS !!!

Kindly, Thomas.