Source Conversion NetRexx<->Java

serkom
Hi NetRexxers,

it ist good that there is some action on the group concerning source conversion between *.nrx and *.java.
I had some off-line correspondens with Mike about this too. Since my Email was down, I am not sure, if
read all remarks. (please resend if necessary)

Anyway!

NetRexx -> Java.
After all I know, tested and heard from Mike, NetRexx itself will handle this. Even now with options -format,
-nocompile, -comments the produced Java source is readable. Mike already took out most $vars and
probably reduces some more redundant brackets and stuff. The long names (FQN) might also being
taken care off (reduce some standard ones to short names and add an import statement). What else
would be needed?
Depending on the progress of this, I think, there might not be much need for a beautifier. But if there is I am
willing to participate writing such beautifier to the NetRexx produced Java code.

Java -> NetRexx
I mentioned the related converters of Peter Heuchert (nrxdoc) and Dion Gillard's posted javap converter.
Of couse this is just a subset of the Java syntax. I am very suprised of Dion's message stating to have
such a module as part of an earlier VNR version. Does that mean, VNR already supports source
translation from Java to NetRexx? Is this documented somewhere?

Are you (Dion) willing/able to share this with us? In VNR? As extra module? Source to continue work on?

Ciao

Kai