Still want Rexx on Android. Some thoughts.

Still want Rexx on Android. Some thoughts.

Jason Martin
Three good open source environments that do not require rooted device

Terminal IDE
1) have built and used NetRexx inside this.
2) brexx works
3) oorexxforandroid works
4) still cannot do android build of regina

RFO BASIC!
1) was easy to port everything but Run.java to NetRexx
   Make Run.java interpreter a classic rexx interpreter but use NetRexxR
2) call libregina from Java

AndroWish
1) add brexx to this
2) add oorexx to this
3) add regina to this

Sources for rexx code:

brexx

Regina Rexx Interpreter

Open Object Rexx

NetRexx

Re: Still want Rexx on Android. Some thoughts.

Mike Cowlishaw
Have you tried Rexx for Android?  Available on Google Play:

Mike

Re: [Oorexx-devel] Still want Rexx on Android. Somethoughts.

Mike Cowlishaw
On 16.12.2016 08:37, Mike Cowlishaw wrote:
Have you tried Rexx for Android?  Available on Google Play:

Unfortunately, it does not work as described, its state could be described to be beta.

Oh ... I've used it quite a bit as didn't notice any problems.  But I was only doing fairly simple things just as repeated calculations.

Also, it seems that the author (a nice French gentleman) has disappeared from the surface of the earth.

AhSo.

Mike