USES clause in conjunction with ASSIGNMENTS.

USES clause in conjunction with ASSIGNMENTS.

ThSITC
A warning should be given when the *target* of an assignment (the left
hand side)
in a NetRexx Program *does have the same name as a visible property*
of a module in the USES clause.

example:

class abc
    properties public
       a=3
       b=4

class newclass USES abc

b=a+b

*most interesting*:

Left hand side *b* is a new local variable, whilst right hand side *b*
refers to *abc.b*  :-(

Hence, when possible, a *warning shall be issued*, at least ....

Just for common sense ..
Thomas.

Re: USES clause in conjunction with ASSIGNMENTS.

Kermit Kiser
I was able to duplicate this. I am not sure if it is an error or WAD but
if you think it is a significant issue, you should open a ticket on Kenai.

-- Kermit