Unexpected loading of org.netrexx.njpipes.stages.dict in NetRexx 3.04 RC1

Unexpected loading of org.netrexx.njpipes.stages.dict in NetRexx 3.04 RC1

ThSITC
I do have a class 'dict' (for Data Dictionary) in my com.thsitc.pp.root
directory, which has been always in the past imported by:

program dbdict
import com.thsitc.pp.root.  -- needed for dbdict etc

Now, in Netrexx version 3.04, when recompiling program dbdict, I get an
error message

Error: the property 'rec_loaded' cannot be found in class
'org.netrexx.njpipes.dict' or a  superclass
when referencing 'dict.rec_loaded[irec]'

It seems that the njpipes classes are loaded now by default, although i
neither do use njpipes nor
import them explicitely.

I think 'njpipes' classes should not be loaded by default ...

Thomas.

Re: Unexpected loading of org.netrexx.njpipes.stages.dict in NetRexx 3.04 RC1

ThSITC
When changing the 'import com.thsitc.pp.root.' statement below to a
series of *explicit* import statements,
to overcome the initial problem below, e.g.:

import com.thsitc.pp.root.dict
import com.thsitc.pp.root.Options
import com.thsitc.pp.root.Counters

the error message changes to:

Class 'com.thsitc.pp.root.dict'  found, but it's name
('com.thsitc.root.Dict') does not macth, so it cannot be used
I'm *not* using Netrexx option -strictcase however, and never had
problems with those unexact names in the past.

I shall now go ahead and correct the spelling to see what happens then ..

Thomas.

Am 05/06/2015 um 21:21 schrieb Thomas Schneider:

> I do have a class 'dict' (for Data Dictionary) in my
> com.thsitc.pp.root directory, which has been always in the past
> imported by:
>
> program dbdict
> import com.thsitc.pp.root.  -- needed for dbdict etc
>
> Now, in Netrexx version 3.04, when recompiling program dbdict, I get
> an error message
>
> Error: the property 'rec_loaded' cannot be found in class
> 'org.netrexx.njpipes.dict' or a  superclass
> when referencing 'dict.rec_loaded[irec]'
>
> It seems that the njpipes classes are loaded now by default, although
> i neither do use njpipes nor
> import them explicitely.
>
> I think 'njpipes' classes should not be loaded by default ...
>
> Thomas.

Re: Unexpected loading of org.netrexx.njpipes.stages.dict in NetRexx 3.04 RC1

rvjansen
Thomas,

thanks for reporting this. Adding an explict import is the solution. The packages for njpipes are indeed added to the automatic imports, for better integration with NetRexx.

I will investigate if this is really necessary and will report back. The same situation existed earlier for some java.util classes, where we could have name clashes and needed to disambiguate.

best regards,

René.

> On 5 jun. 2015, at 21:42, Thomas Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> When changing the 'import com.thsitc.pp.root.' statement below to a series of *explicit* import statements,
> to overcome the initial problem below, e.g.:
>
> import com.thsitc.pp.root.dict
> import com.thsitc.pp.root.Options
> import com.thsitc.pp.root.Counters
>
> the error message changes to:
>
> Class 'com.thsitc.pp.root.dict'  found, but it's name ('com.thsitc.root.Dict') does not macth, so it cannot be used
> I'm *not* using Netrexx option -strictcase however, and never had problems with those unexact names in the past.
>
> I shall now go ahead and correct the spelling to see what happens then ..
>
> Thomas.
> =======================================================================================
>

> Am 05/06/2015 um 21:21 schrieb Thomas Schneider:
>> I do have a class 'dict' (for Data Dictionary) in my com.thsitc.pp.root directory, which has been always in the past imported by:
>>
>> program dbdict
>> import com.thsitc.pp.root.  -- needed for dbdict etc
>>
>> Now, in Netrexx version 3.04, when recompiling program dbdict, I get an error message
>>
>> Error: the property 'rec_loaded' cannot be found in class 'org.netrexx.njpipes.dict' or a  superclass
>> when referencing 'dict.rec_loaded[irec]'
>>
>> It seems that the njpipes classes are loaded now by default, although i neither do use njpipes nor
>> import them explicitely.
>>
>> I think 'njpipes' classes should not be loaded by default ...
>>
>> Thomas.

Re: Unexpected loading of org.netrexx.njpipes.stages.dict in NetRexx 3.04 RC1

rvjansen
Thomas,

I have corrected the problem and 3.04 RC2 will not contain these imports.

best regards,

René.