Why are the IBM RED-Books about NetRexx NO LONGER available thru the Net ???

Why are the IBM RED-Books about NetRexx NO LONGER available thru the Net ???

ThSITC
Hello there,

a many of You do already know, I am currently in the process to release
my ancient Rexx2Nrx, as well as my Rexx2Nrx.Rexx2RTP, programmed back in
the Year 2000, as far as I can remember, in a 3 monthes available
time-slot, and published 2002 on the then occuring Rexx LA Symposium
there, somewhere in the US (cannot recall the exact  Location, sorry,
Alzheimer obviously is coming along ;-)) ....

This, my home-page, www.thsitc.com, does REFERENCE the IBM-NetRexx
RED-Book, available those times, under www.thsitc.com, Product 'Rexx2Nrx'.

Now, I do see, that this RED-Book is no longer available ON the NET!

Hey, BIG BROTHER IBM:

Why did You delete this valuable Information *from the NET* ??

(UN-)Kindly, Thomas Schneider, IT-Consultant, Vienna, Austria !!!

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwIDaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=l6BgqI-DvCTiJ9XPC_OATJnzdCm6LYRAZc1QUcBVWB4&s=BJOh3a79-Rq64gAnGys7zDdorKn23JnpZK3HHCfL-ig&e=

Re: Why are the IBM RED-Books about NetRexx NO LONGER available thru the Net ???

rvjansen
Thomas,

we have it at http://netrexx.org/files/docs/sg242216.pdf , you can link to that copy.
Remember that IBM hosts this list. IBM withdraw NetRexx from marketing (on z/VM) and gave us the source, they are a company and not a museum - although more respect for our cultural heritage in software would benefit everyone.

Please stop announcing your releases - this has been going on for 20 years now. Release them!

best regards,

René

On 6 May 2020, at 10:33, Thomas Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:

[...]

OK, Rene ...

I am, however, still WAITING for a reply to 3 private mails I did send to You past week relating SOURCEFORGE and my release of Rexx2RTP, most important:

Where shall I release my Rexx2Nrx.Rexx2RTP:

Under SF Project 'thsitc' *or* under SF Project  'NetRexx' ???

Please advise (probably by Private mail) ....

Still waiting for Your answers ... I would NOT like to bury thsi common list anymore, before I did RELEASE my ancient stuff.

Thanks in advance, Thomas.

Am 06.05.2020 um 11:42 schrieb René Jansen:
[...]

David Requena
Hi ALL, long time no see :-)
Just a quick heads up. Souce code accompanying this RedBook is still available at iBM's ftp server.

Best regards,
David

El mié., 6 may. 2020 a las 11:43, René Jansen (<[hidden email]>) escribió:
[...]

Saludos / Regards,
David Requena