Why has the original Rexx implementation never has been enhanced to MFC's Bigdecimal in NetRexx ?

Why has the original Rexx implementation never has been enhanced to MFC's Bigdecimal in NetRexx ?

ThSITC
I do have a frank question:

MFC did release his BigDecimal Package to the sources who ordered him to
do his task back in 2003, as I am currently reading from his bravous
BigDecimal.nrx and MathContext.nrx ...

Why has been never have been an attempt to replace the quite ancient
Rexx.nrx LOGIC, as far as MATHEMATICS are concerned, by MFC's BigDecimal ?

BigDecimal seems to me about 3 times quicker in calculations then his
older Rexx.nrx still used in NetRexx!    ;-) ;-) ;-)

Kindly, Thomas Schneider, Vienna, Austria.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwIDaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=lBnZ_mNe8VICmJp6Jc50NTkmWUXwGPVoaFTibRkADMc&s=mWHy-mRZbwG2S9vR6wbemj1ojOYSRWu1bhfkitmqV5Q&e=

Re: Why has the original Rexx implementation never has been enhanced to MFC's Bigdecimal in NetRexx ?

Hugh Sweeney
On Wed, 27 May 2020 at 23:45, Thomas Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
I do have a frank question:

MFC did release his BigDecimal Package to the sources who ordered him to
do his task back in 2003, as I am currently reading from his bravous
BigDecimal.nrx and MathContext.nrx ...

Why has been never have been an attempt to replace the quite ancient
Rexx.nrx LOGIC, as far as MATHEMATICS are concerned, by MFC's BigDecimal ?

BigDecimal seems to me about 3 times quicker in calculations then his
older Rexx.nrx still used in NetRexx!    ;-) ;-) ;-)

I don't know why, but if you want to use the functionality within NetRexx, the class java.util.BigDecimal is right there in the JVM.

hth
Hugh

On Thu, 28 May 2020 at 07:53, Hugh Sweeney <[hidden email]> wrote:
I don't know why, but if you want to use the functionality within NetRexx, the class java.util.BigDecimal is right there in the JVM.

Sorry, I meant to write  java.math.BigDecimal .
Hugh