I wonder whether to include the JLine3 jars or not. First I have to fix Windows which does not play nice with ANSI escapes.
The particular reason I unearthed this was this I was trying to make a shell for the pipes work that keeps the compiler in memory across invocations; then I suddenly remembered Martin’s work.
Prototype runs are blindlingly fast (after the first one) but I still don’t know if it supports everything that is needed. On its own it is quite nice already. I have made the commands editable and retrievable with history; the on/off switchable frame name prompt I have set as the right side prompt. Works beautifully with the ‘dark solarized’ setting in many prompts.