calling netrexx from C

Gerhard Tonn gtonn@vnet.ibm.com
I'm going to use a common subset of Object-Rexx and NetRexx as
macrolanguage for a tool I've written. I could then use the
RexxStart interface on OS/2 and Windows during development and
test of the tool.
In order to call NetRexx scripts from C, I have used the JNI
interface. The NetRexx script works fine when executed from the command
line. When I edit the generated .java file and substitute the
generated code by some java string processing, calling the method
from C works as well. Calling the generated method implementation
from C results always in a runtime error
JNI panic: nil string
Does anybody have an idea, whether this approach should work or
whether there is an alternative.

Thanks in advance
Gerhard