happy birthday NetRexx!

rvjansen
To start off the next 25 years of NetRexx, I am announcing two releases:

NetRexx 3.11 will come first and has more CMS Pipelines compatibility and some NetRexx-only stages, including HTML, adds Classic Rexx date() handling and some improvements for building. I am expecting this over the coming fortnight.

But now the really great news:

NetRexx 4.01 will be next! Santa came early this year in the person of Marc Remes, who put in the long and hard work to enable the running of the compiler under JDK 9 and higher.
This release is already able to compile NetRexx code on all current Java platforms. We owe Marc a resounding applause and lots of gratitude for safeguarding the future of NetRexx this way.
A preview of 4.01 will be released together with 3.11 GA; before Chrismas.

A toast to NetRexx and its bright future!

best regards,

René.

Re: happy birthday NetRexx!

Rony G. Flatscher
On 10.12.2020 09:25, René Jansen wrote:
> To start off the next 25 years of NetRexx, I am announcing two releases:
>
> NetRexx 3.11 will come first and has more CMS Pipelines compatibility and some NetRexx-only stages, including HTML, adds Classic Rexx date() handling and some improvements for building. I am expecting this over the coming fortnight.
+1
> But now the really great news:
>
> NetRexx 4.01 will be next! Santa came early this year in the person of Marc Remes,
:) +1
> who put in the long and hard work to enable the running of the compiler under JDK 9 and higher.
> This release is already able to compile NetRexx code on all current Java platforms. We owe Marc a resounding applause and lots of gratitude for safeguarding the future of NetRexx this way.
> A preview of 4.01 will be released together with 3.11 GA; before Chrismas.
+1
> A toast to NetRexx and its bright future!

Hear, hear!

---rony