method trim() not found

gpatrick
I have a string that is getting a whitespace:
For input string: " 0000000000016a03"

And trying to use the trim() method:
hexa = hexa.trim()

Returns:
 128 +++ hexa = hexa.trim()
     +++             ^^^^
     +++ Error: The method 'trim()' cannot be found in class 'netrexx.lang.Rexx' or a superclass

I've imported 'java.lang.' but still always gets the same trim() method not found.  I've also tried returning "trimmed = hexa.trim()" and same message.

Re: method trim() not found

christel.u.w.pachl christel.u.w.pachl
Try strip

Re: method trim() not found

gpatrick
Thank you!

Re: method trim() not found

alansam
As Walter says, strip() is the NetRexx BIF for the task but you can use Java's String.tripm() method as follows:

(String hexa).trim()

hexa.toString().trim()

Regards,
Alan.

On 27 January 2015 at 07:55, gpatrick <[hidden email]> wrote:
Thank you!

Can't tweet, won't tweet!

Alan

--