org/netrexx/thsitc/runtime/compatibility/*.nrx

org/netrexx/thsitc/runtime/compatibility/*.nrx

ThSITC
Hi Rene and all,

as already said, I am in my first steps to release my whole Software
(step by step) to SourceForge using GIT2.

For historic reasons, and due to advise of our all President Rene
Vincent Jansen, my former Rexx2Nrx.Rexx2RTP package has been renamed to
package org.netrexx.thsitc.runtime.compatibility, when KENAI has still
be there.

The ancient, but current documentation (with a few additions still
missing) is avail. under www.thsitc.com -> Products -> Rexx2Nrx.

Rene, may I send You this whole stuff for addition to the NetRexx
repository as a single ZIP file (nrx sources only) or would it be more
convenient for You to give me UPDATE permission to the proper branch of
org.NetRexx on SourceForge?

Also, let me know, where I would have to put the testcases into.

Sincerely, Yours, Thomas Schneider, Author, Founder and Owner of

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwICaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=fDoR5cH5LGDAorVvmpluZZhKo5KxPj_oCaG8Y5He4Gs&s=NdA9Z27mDSrHXMqRpijCGMfafZ8L3Q4H1D4FHlV5YR8&e=

Re: org/netrexx/thsitc/runtime/compatibility/*.nrx

rvjansen
Hi Thomas,

we already discussed this numerous times. You are free to choose your own package names. The suggestion for the org.netrexx.thsitc.runtime.compatibility package was when I still thought you would use version management and good build procedures, so we could get reproducible test cases. This never happened, we had your work for some time in the ‘contributed’ repository and i fixed a lot of issue to make it compile. Afterwards you ignored theses fixes and went on with your own old sources, thereby ignoring this opportunity to collaborate on this.

I am sure you remember this when I bring it to your attention again.

Of course, there is always an opportunity to start over. In that case, please:

- open a SourceForge repository that uses git as version management system
- add your code to it
- make sure the build procedure is reproducible and also builds from scratch - this means, in your case, do not link against the previously produced jars
- make sure there are test cases, and these are runnable, in order to prove everything works
- when we are there, the NetRexx ARB will decide what will be added, into which packages.

Adding the compatibility package into the distribution must be agreed upon by more people than just us. Personally, I would not mind having, eg., the Classic Rexx Date and Stream I/OP functions available, but I know there are NetRexx users with another opinion. All however is premature without a separate and demonstrably working repository.

Rexx2NRX and DB2-123 are interesting, but they are applications and have no place in the language distribution. Please get back to us when you have done the work on the compatibility package and do not keep on announcing things that are not there yet.

best regards,

René.

> On 3 Nov 2019, at 22:45, Thomas Schneider <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Rene and all,
>
> as already said, I am in my first steps to release my whole Software (step by step) to SourceForge using GIT2.
>
> For historic reasons, and due to advise of our all President Rene Vincent Jansen, my former Rexx2Nrx.Rexx2RTP package has been renamed to package org.netrexx.thsitc.runtime.compatibility, when KENAI has still be there.
>
> The ancient, but current documentation (with a few additions still missing) is avail. under www.thsitc.com -> Products -> Rexx2Nrx.
>
> Rene, may I send You this whole stuff for addition to the NetRexx repository as a single ZIP file (nrx sources only) or would it be more convenient for You to give me UPDATE permission to the proper branch of org.NetRexx on SourceForge?
>
> Also, let me know, where I would have to put the testcases into.
>
> Sincerely, Yours, Thomas Schneider, Author, Founder and Owner of
>
> www.thsitc.com
>
> www.db-123.com
>

> --
> https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwICaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=fDoR5cH5LGDAorVvmpluZZhKo5KxPj_oCaG8Y5He4Gs&s=NdA9Z27mDSrHXMqRpijCGMfafZ8L3Q4H1D4FHlV5YR8&e=

> [hidden email]
> Online Archive : https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ibm-2Dnetrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com_&d=DwIFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=5OzBvxi8PUTvY90N3D7XTVf0U3FpLiK4f1yNLW4UXsI&s=x-N0N7oIQmqTVZ15zfafPkchT43fk-VaHS59mz6ZeDw&e=

Re: org/netrexx/thsitc/runtime/compatibility/*.nrx

ThSITC
My ONLY REAL QUESTION has been:

Should I rename (change) package
org.NetRexx.thsitc.runtime.compatibility to package Rexx2Nrx.Rexx2RT again ?

 From your just received mail I did already MAKE MY DECISION, however:

Rexx2Nrx.Rexx2RT   *shall survive* ...

Thanks again for your instant reply, however.

Greetings from Vienna, as always to Venetia, as well :-)

Kindly, Yours, Thomas.

https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=https-3A__www.avg.com&d=DwIDaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=KI4N6hXPBKOD9JwT94nHPoRUQq-oDIGf7HCkTqWxjhs&s=9HM-N3leZJXMzejBgZOFQ5sD9DPoKPkdBVZH4rRQQU4&e=