NR 4.00 Pipelines: OK

Jeff Hennick-3
This Message Is From an External Sender

I have now gone through all of the Pipeline validation tests that I have (many hundred individual tests in the examples sub directory).  A couple of bugs in tests or stages were found and corrected.  A number of stages compiled and ran under some compiler options and not others.  These, that I found, have been fixed; usually by giving an input or output variable a specific type of Rexx.  The only tests I have not done are the SQL stages.  The new, clean, machine I used for testing has not had SQL set up yet.

So, as far as I am concerned with Pipelines, NetRexx 4.00 is GO.

Thank you, René and Marc!

Jeff

Re: NR 4.00 Pipelines: OK

rvjansen
This Message Is From an External Sender
Hi Jeff,

OK, great!
Marc, what do you think?

If we are ok with releasing, I’ll cut an archive for you to look at first. Will be over the weekend, have to go over some documentation issues.

best regards,

René.

On 17 Feb 2021, at 17:46, Jeff Hennick <[hidden email]> wrote:

I have now gone through all of the Pipeline validation tests that I have (many hundred individual tests in the examples sub directory).  A couple of bugs in tests or stages were found and corrected.  A number of stages compiled and ran under some compiler options and not others.  These, that I found, have been fixed; usually by giving an input or output variable a specific type of Rexx.  The only tests I have not done are the SQL stages.  The new, clean, machine I used for testing has not had SQL set up yet.

So, as far as I am concerned with Pipelines, NetRexx 4.00 is GO.

Thank you, René and Marc!

Jeff

Re: NR 4.00 Pipelines: OK

Marc Remes-2
Two things come to my mind..

Now ADDRESS' RC is initialised as ''.
In Classic Rexx, when nothing has been 'addressed' yet, RC returns as 'RC'.
Seems better to stick to classic as close as possible..

Next, NrAddress' added NetRexxC.properties are not yet sorted alphabetically.

I'll push these updates as soon as possible.

Marc

On 2/17/21 5:49 PM, René Jansen wrote:

> Hi Jeff, OK, great! Marc, what do you think? If we are ok with releasing,...
> This Message Is From an External Sender
> This message came from outside your organization.
>
> Hi Jeff,
>
> OK, great!
> Marc, what do you think?
>
> If we are ok with releasing, I’ll cut an archive for you to look at first. Will be over the weekend, have to go over
> some documentation issues.
>
> best regards,
>
> René.
>
>> On 17 Feb 2021, at 17:46, Jeff Hennick <[hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>> wrote:
>>
>> I have now gone through all of the Pipeline validation tests that I have (many hundred individual tests in the
>> examples sub directory).  A couple of bugs in tests or stages were found and corrected.  A number of stages compiled
>> and ran under some compiler options and not others.  These, that I found, have been fixed; usually by giving an input
>> or output variable a specific type of Rexx.  The only tests I have not done are the SQL stages.  The new, clean,
>> machine I used for testing has not had SQL set up yet.
>>
>> So, as far as I am concerned with Pipelines, NetRexx 4.00 is GO.
>>
>> Thank you, René and Marc!
>>
>> Jeff

>> Online Archive :https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ibm-2Dnetrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com_&d=DwIDaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=3E9BvyO2KUiW7V8pVNC5L6vrCdWeEeVD01REKLpwlMA&s=bdsnQUJMS_6XLHf8aDcISqps84ZQnJTEeir0_fBVeNs&e=
>> <https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ibm-2Dnetrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com_&d=DwMFaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=Hb0Wft3iYNkL0DkDjgpISzD4gKRrl6JKENtkZsZFJe4&s=byoYnPCISppuxV2TTNBPFCVrrmfZih_wHhaek-VDOTs&e=>

> [hidden email]
> Online Archive : https://urldefense.proofpoint.com/v2/url?u=http-3A__ibm-2Dnetrexx.215625.n3.nabble.com_&d=DwIDaQ&c=jf_iaSHvJObTbx-siA1ZOg&r=_6rXNpPJ1fYV-3bV1za02NiR4PUelvicfHXwtnTXpXE&m=3E9BvyO2KUiW7V8pVNC5L6vrCdWeEeVD01REKLpwlMA&s=bdsnQUJMS_6XLHf8aDcISqps84ZQnJTEeir0_fBVeNs&e=

Re: NR 4.00 Pipelines: OK

Marc Remes-2
I've pushed the last changes.

I'm OK with releasing.