NetRexx on .NET ?

Michael (maillists) Dag

Now that Microsoft has delivered .NET Core 1.0 as opensource for Windows, Linux and Mac… Would there be a future for NetRexx on .NET?

Just asking… I always thought .NET was a little Microsofts version of Java… but may be way off base…

The name NetRexx seems to fit well with .NET ;)

Michael

Re: NetRexx on .NET ?

rvjansen
Hi Michael,

we have, in fact, a port of the NetRexx runtime for .net since March 2015. Anyone who is interested, drop me a line. This is work by Jason Martin; it twice did not make the Symposium as a presentation, last year and now. Jason can not present it and I did not have enough time on a windows machine without higher priorities, but is seems very promising for the .net (C#, etc) programmer who wants to use NetRexx types.

Funny you mention the name- it was my first thought when .net came out. How straightforward it would have been to have JavaRexx and NetRexx. OTOH, MFC was first and MS was later - like it always was.

René.

Re: NetRexx on .NET ?

ThSITC
Maybe (again ...) ....

*I* might be able to help ....

As I am retired from my main work ....

.... *I might have plenty of time* ....

To work around a bit on the future of *NetRexx* ...

Frankly speaking:

Rene, send me Jason Martin's *run-time* ;-) ;-) ;-)

Maybe I shall be able to *test* and *review it* on my *current Window's
10 Machine* !!! ???

Greetings from Vienna, Austria, as always ...

Thomas Schneider.

FULL STOP

Am 09.09.2016 um 21:11 schrieb rvjansen:

> Hi Michael,
>
> we have, in fact, a port of the NetRexx runtime for .net since March 2015.
> Anyone who is interested, drop me a line. This is work by Jason Martin; it
> twice did not make the Symposium as a presentation, last year and now. Jason
> can not present it and I did not have enough time on a windows machine
> without higher priorities, but is seems very promising for the .net (C#,
> etc) programmer who wants to use NetRexx types.
>
> Funny you mention the name- it was my first thought when .net came out. How
> straightforward it would have been to have JavaRexx and NetRexx. OTOH, MFC
> was first and MS was later - like it always was.
>
> René.

Re: NetRexx on .NET ?

I would like to *know* whether NetRexx on .NET is *really a requirement* those Days !

What do You think, dear fellow IBM-NetRexx Lovers.

Kindly, from Vienna, as always,

Thomas Schneider.