Where is Kermit?

Kermit Kiser
Ordinarily I would not share social items on a technical list but this
information may impact NetRexx maintenance plans and I feel that the
list should not be left wondering what happened.

I recently returned from a three week hospital stay where I learned that
I had a serious infection that paralyzed the muscles in my left arm and
leg, also that I have diabetes and, most significantly, acute leukemia.

Doctors indicate that with standard chemotherapy the prognosis is not
good in my age bracket and they wish me to participate in a clinical trial.

If God wills that I should survive this situation, I hope to contribute
more to NetRexx in the future. It may be a while.

Thanks for your time,

-- Kermit

Re: Where is Kermit?

Peter Sharp-2

Kermit,
I'm saddened to hear your news. Praying for God's peace, strength and healing to be with you during this time.

Peter

On 1 Mar 2016 8:42 a.m., "Kermit Kiser" <[hidden email]> wrote:
Ordinarily I would not share social items on a technical list but this information may impact NetRexx maintenance plans and I feel that the list should not be left wondering what happened.

I recently returned from a three week hospital stay where I learned that I had a serious infection that paralyzed the muscles in my left arm and leg, also that I have diabetes and, most significantly, acute leukemia.

Doctors indicate that with standard chemotherapy the prognosis is not good in my age bracket and they wish me to participate in a clinical trial.

If God wills that I should survive this situation, I hope to contribute more to NetRexx in the future. It may be a while.

Thanks for your time,

-- Kermit

Re: Where is Kermit?

Dave Woodman
Kermit, I am sure that I speak for the group when I say that our thoughts
are with you.

        Dave.

Re: Where is Kermit?

Fernando Cassia-2
On 2/29/16, Kermit Kiser <[hidden email]> wrote:
> Ordinarily I would not share social items on a technical list but this
> information may impact NetRexx maintenance plans and I feel that the
> list should not be left wondering what happened.
>
> I recently returned from a three week hospital stay where I learned that
> I had a serious infection that paralyzed the muscles in my left arm and
> leg, also that I have diabetes and, most significantly, acute leukemia.
> -- Kermit

Kermit,

Do whatever you have to do, your health is first,and your battle is
more important than anything discussed here.

Best if luck with your treatment
FC

Re: Where is Kermit?

Mike Cowlishaw

> Ordinarily I would not share social items on a technical list
> but this information may impact NetRexx maintenance plans and
> I feel that the list should not be left wondering what happened.

Rotten news.  Best wishes with the trial.

Mike

Re: Where is Kermit?

rvjansen
Kermit,

I hope, as I am certain all people on this list do, that you recover your health quickly.

All the best!

René.

> On 1 mrt. 2016, at 08:57, Mike Cowlishaw <[hidden email]> wrote:
>

>> Ordinarily I would not share social items on a technical list
>> but this information may impact NetRexx maintenance plans and
>> I feel that the list should not be left wondering what happened.
>
> Rotten news.  Best wishes with the trial.
>
> Mike

Re: Where is Kermit?

Michael (maillists) Dag
Very sad to read this! Wish you all the strength you need for the process
ahead!

Michael

Re: Where is Kermit?

Hi Kermit,

thank You for this information (whil'st it is *bad NEWS*, *mostly for You*).

I think You did a *wonderful* job  enhancing NetRexx since it's open
source release.
Let me thank You for this, first.

Second, *take care of Your health*, I'm saying You *now*.

Personal HEALTH is the most important in *each individual LIVE* on this,
our *common Earth*, I think.
I hope all those medicine doctors and their wisdom shall help You quite
soon.

All the best for You, from my side.
I'm sure all others in this goup shall join me on this matter.

Thomas.

Am 29.02.2016 um 22:42 schrieb Kermit Kiser:

> Ordinarily I would not share social items on a technical list but this
> information may impact NetRexx maintenance plans and I feel that the
> list should not be left wondering what happened.
>
> I recently returned from a three week hospital stay where I learned
> that I had a serious infection that paralyzed the muscles in my left
> arm and leg, also that I have diabetes and, most significantly, acute
> leukemia.
>
> Doctors indicate that with standard chemotherapy the prognosis is not
> good in my age bracket and they wish me to participate in a clinical
> trial.
>
> If God wills that I should survive this situation, I hope to
> contribute more to NetRexx in the future. It may be a while.
>
> Thanks for your time,
>
> -- Kermit

Re: Where is Kermit?

Kermit Kiser

I would like to follow up for everyone. This is Kermits son and I am unfortunately writing this as my Father Passed away on 10/11/16 He loved programming and doing all of this stuff and I felt it would be best to let as many groups he was a part of know.

Re: Where is Kermit?

Peter Sharp-2
To Kermit's Son & Family,
I am saddened to hear of your loss. While we will sorely miss Kermit,
our loss is insignificant compared to yours. You have our prayers and
deepest sympathy. Thank you for sharing.

Peter Sharp,
Wollongong, Australia

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 10:43 PM, Kermit Kiser <[hidden email]> wrote:
This is Kermits son and I am unfortunately writing this as my Father Passed away on 10/11/16 He loved programming and doing all of this stuff and I felt it would be best to let as many groups he was a part of know.

My condolences. He will be missed here. Thanks for sharing.

FC

Re: Where is Kermit?

Michael (maillists) Dag

So sorry to hear, my condoleances to you and much strength!

I recently lost my father too L

Thank you for sharing! Your father was a well respected man in this community and we were lucky to have him among us, he will be missed!

Michael Dag

Amsterdam, The Netherlands

I would like to follow up for everyone. This is Kermits son and I am unfortunately writing this as my Father Passed away on 10/11/16 He loved programming and doing all of this stuff and I felt it would be best to let as many groups he was a part of know.

Re: Where is Kermit?

Dave Woodman

Everyone here will miss Kermit - he will not be forgotten for his many great contributions to us.

Please accept my condolences on your loss.

Dave Woodman – UK.

I would like to follow up for everyone. This is Kermits son and I am unfortunately writing this as my Father Passed away on 10/11/16 He loved programming and doing all of this stuff and I felt it would be best to let as many groups he was a part of know.

Re: Where is Kermit?

David Requena

I'm certain everyone here will agree your father contributions to us went much further than the mere technical matters usually discuss around here. He was truly a great man and he will be sorely missed.

Please accept my deepest condolences to you and your family. Our thoughts and prayers are with you during this sad time.

On 2016-03-01 8:18 AM, Jason Martin wrote:

[...]

Saludos / Regards,
David Requena

Re: Where is Kermit?

Hello There,

This are really *bad news*, primarily for You, as his *family*.

Please do accept my *big thank You* for Kermit, what he did in his life ...

... and my condolence for the whole Family for this *big Loss*.

Wishing You (his family) anyway all the best for the Future of Your own life!

Sincerely,

Thomas Schneider, Vienna, Austria.

Am 16.10.2016 um 03:43 schrieb Kermit Kiser:

I would like to follow up for everyone. This is Kermits son and I am unfortunately writing this as my Father Passed away on 10/11/16 He loved programming and doing all of this stuff and I felt it would be best to let as many groups he was a part of know.

Re: Where is Kermit?

Jason Martin
Your greatest commit will always be to our memories of you.

Kermit Kiser Memorial from his brother

On Sat, Oct 15, 2016 at 9:43 PM, Kermit Kiser <[hidden email]> wrote:

I would like to follow up for everyone. This is Kermits son and I am unfortunately writing this as my Father Passed away on 10/11/16 He loved programming and doing all of this stuff and I felt it would be best to let as many groups he was a part of know.

Re: Where is Kermit?

Rony G. Flatscher (wu-wien)

To the family:

very sorry to learn that this fine man has (for me totally unexpectedly) passed away! On May 7th, a couple of months ago, Kermit let us know ("The Kermit Update"), that thankfully his treatment turned out to had been successful.

His last e-mail to this list was from this October 6th only, discussing the next steps to undertake with NetRexx, full of future plans!

As far as I can say (I once met him in person on an International Rexx symposium) he has been a very brilliant, yet timid person who has always communicated in a constructive manner and who quietly, but steadily has worked on this list's project "NetRexx", which he has helped to proceed considerably!

Now that he is not able to contribute and participate anymore, he will be sorely missed for his technical knowledge and skills, but also for his personality, which had always been that of a helpful, constructive, kind human!

May Kermit rest in peace!

---rony

On 2016-03-01 8:18 AM, Jason Martin wrote:
[...]

Prof. Dr. Rony G. Flatscher
Department Informationsverarbeitung und Prozessmanagement
Institut für Betriebswirtschaftslehre und Wirtschaftsinformatik
D2-C 2.086
WU Wien
Welthandelsplatz 1
A-1020  Wien/Vienna, Austria/Europe